10 Things You Can Do Right Now to Add Curb Appeal to Your Home
Spring has sprung in Northwest Wisconsin and real estate buyers are out in full force! If you’re selling your home this spring or thinking about selling, take a few moments to evaluate your outdoor spaces to help spruce things up and attract more home buyers… and maybe better offers! For a full evaluation of your property, call the professional agents at Real Estate Solutions today!
Try these 10 simple steps to help sell your home this spring:
- Update your house numbers. Are those metal numbers on your house looking a little old and faded? Try repainting them or for a few dollars update them to more contemporary style.
- Spruce up your siding. Taking a few minutes to clean off any dust, dirt or moss that’s accumulated on your siding over time.
- Give your lawn a little love. Maybe your lawn doesn’t look like a perfectly manicured golf course, but take some time to add some grass patch product to burnt or brown areas to create a more consistent green landscape.
- Trim your trees and shrubs. Is there a scraggly branch on a tree in the front lawn or have the hedges in front of a picture window gotten a little over grown? Take a pair of pruning shears and give your shrubbery a trim.
- Clean your windows. Dust, dirt and grime accumulate on windows & screens over time. Give buyers a clear picture of what your home looks like through sparkling clean windows.
- Give your porch a good once over. Your porch probably isn’t ready for a pretty planter of flowers yet, but there are a few things you can do to make a good impression. Clean out the cobweb that’s hanging out in the corner, sweep off the dirt chunks from muddy boots and do your best to keep the bird nests off your front porch light.
- Check your deck. Do you have a deck on your home? Boards can take a beating over a long Wisconsin winter. Tighten and loose boards and replace any unstable ones.
- Make your outdoor spaces patio perfect. Clean your grill and get your patio furniture out of storage. Set the stage to help buyers picture themselves relaxing outdoors on a sunny day!
- Make sure your driveway and walkways are ready for foot traffic. Carefully look over your driveway and sidewalks and take the time to repair any cracks or blemishes. Reseal your driveway to give a fresh makeover.
- Inspect your outdoor lighting. Clean the fixtures, inspect and wash glass covers and replace any burnt out lightbulbs.